The Travels of Jonathan Shidler

Friday, March 03, 2006

Arrival

After a long trip upon the good ship I had dubbed "le Airbus d'Sir Richard Branson" proud carrier of the british flag (as the buxom blond hair'd woman on the nose informed me) and the classic ideals of airflight, being attrative flight attendents in respectablly attractive skirts and shirts with rosey cheeks and ample proportions all-about

remember the girl the prime minister liked in Love Actually?

(this chick: most brits look like that, and I can't complain. hell, I think I am in the house at the end when hugh grant looks for her. stairway and all, heck, even the exit from the int'l port was straight from the film, art imitates life I suppose.)

The food was wonderful, the selection on the Aircraft's personal entertainment was wonderful. ranging from Coldplay and Franz Ferdinand to Serenity and "Nana"

although, I will warn, that ÆON Flux is what helped me beat jet lag, enough boobie to keep me interested, but not enough plot to keep me awake which prompted a healthy nap around 10:00 Zulu time with the aide of coldplay and moby intermixed (thank goodness for Virgin Records/EMI being all one big happy conglomorate to aide in my happiness.)

the traffic in the passport zona was interesting, as I got about 40 more questions than everyone else. however, my passport is good for 6 months in this country because it is now under a student Visa, not just a touring visa with the right to study.

aka, I can now work for 20 hours a week if I so choose.

can we say, score?

because I don't know if it means the same thing in England.

besides all that, the home I am staying in has one other American in it, named Corie who is goodnatured and nearsighted. and the paternal figure named George fishes (hence why tonight's dinner tasted so delicious.)

in about 2 days or so, Hannah and I intend on setting up an MP3 station for the enjoyment of all the children in the world.

but sadly, our real audance will have to wait till apple figures out a way to decode thought (not like it can't already with how party shuffle seems to gaze into my soul and tinker with my emotions with songs that are on my reverie all on a whim with willful wonder.) will be tinkering with the link ups untill our return 12 weeks hence.

none the less, it will be there. oh, it will be there. I will think of something cute to name it, like "Americast" or "Ameriquest" or "Capital One" something no-one else has thought up-- ever.

obviously the power converter works well enough. and the "borrowed" wifi fits the job of email, and blog updating fine. no worries on that end, however telephones seem to be hard to come by, especially odd seeing as one of the great british heros used things like the above left.

-Jonathan S.


PS, donate to the fund for a better cause on the side of the page.

how will this make the world a better place? simply by preventing me from being an American backpacker and further exemplifying the sterotype of dirty, unkempt americans who come to europe for illicit reasons.

it takes money to buy books and to be an example to the world, as the US GDP displays.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home