The Travels of Jonathan Shidler

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Patrion Saint of the Irish vs. Jonathan

Saw a man dressed in silver with a glass ball. the day after st patrick's day

and a few heroin addicts asking for handouts.

it is a serious problem it seems in the UK (hence the success of pieces such as Reqrium for a Dream, or Trainspotting). but not so serious that I can't say "zee velfar state ziz veiry large, und you arure not in ze crack" when they ask for "loose change"

I say it in a thickin'd accent as to remove any anti american attitudes (4 pt alliteration!)

it is fun to apply Haym Solomon to real life situations.
if oh how I wish to become as fluent in multiple languages as that man (eight languages). perhaps another trip is inorder to this continent sans Hannah or other Americans to force language skills.

Jonathan: *whislt walking into an Irish Pub in toe with sister and two other americans* "Ustedes Necesitan reconastar-- Nostoros somos Mexicanos"
Elise: ok, so not Americans, got it.

refrained from Alcohol again. at the last minute
Jonathan: If I am going to do this, I am going to do it right. I will have a guiness
*5 minutes pass*
Jonathan: I already feel woosy...best stop that drink order *run down the stairs to Elise who is about to have the drink poured*
"BELAY THAT ORDER!"
Barkeep:"Yes sir!"
Jonathan:".....grenadine and sprite...."
Elise: Pansy.

although, I got to be the designated walker/bus getter/take care of alcohol induced folk.

seriously, this one mile walk from the bus stop through a dodgy part of town is what makes me do this....seriously guys.

Today hannah and I went to the two big museums here in Oxford, saw the Ashmonian and the Oxford University of Natural History (got to see Dinosaur bones and the stuffed Dodo bird and said man in silver with a glass ball.)

In other news:
Figured out Finances for current expedition, of about a 5GBP a day budget-- no more...unless some benefactors donates to the paypal link, if I am going to go to the EU (France, Germany, Belgium, Luxemburg, Netherlands) visa vi Eurail and utilize a Bed and Breakfast in Nice so I may say that I swam in the Mediterrianian Sea.

of course, this plan is tenitive unless we can find some nice little island with nice little greeks on it.....or half greeks, we are not picky. I mean, prince charles is half greek.

I HEART THE MONARCHY.

so you may be saying-- 5 quid!? that is hardly enough for a sandwich and an orange juice! let alone a play, or a concert, or tax to look at a statue or to buy a blanket to keep you warm in those cold cold winternights!

ouch? not quite. blankets will be shipped into us in the next few days from homebase to prevent further cold nights. but seriously, sandwiches and orange juice....and rumor has it, the water is not up to American standards, FYI...click the link, donate with your visas, or your mom's visa, come on, think of all the great things I have done for you. like told you you look good, or how you should totally get on that (Job/Project/Assignment/Girl/Boy).

my love isn't free ya'lls. and I am collecting past due torts.....

I have made it as ze de'facto fühur und ubermïtch (I love the international keyboard setting) of the class by sole tenacity. and doing my required monologues as RoboKaupf from We Are Robots, and Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer doing "Lady Winhimmer's Fan" by Oscar Wilde.


this was also inpart to a sore voice from coughing all night. although my austrian-german accent for robokaupf was spot on and gained a riot of laughter from the acting class.

seriously, it was all like "You mean more to me than anything else in the world, what does your husband give you? nothing, everything he has he gives back to the terrorist-- THERE'S NO TIME!"

and that is the kind of action that gets jonathan--- (the best way to end this is "Laid" but, seriously, has that yet to happen? naye my faithful readers...naye.)-- into high places (that one works out.).

despite my self conciousness of the whole bit, whether or not I did well or not, I think it was fun and I had a blast doing it. which is what public speaking and acting is all about.

In family news recently figured out that mother has been slated for something big in the world of humanitarian aide

like I always say: great things come from the Shidlers.

Oh! and my big brother is coming down from Spokane (the great cold, white north of grunge music and bitter nights) to come work with my dad at Shidler Real Estate Development Inc. what a wonderful turn of events indeed.

although I was plotting to head up there as soon as summer was coming round and cash flows returned from employment of my skills into the world. (note, not a job, just utilization of the awesome that is within me staged from the very creation of the universe)

mi qui' indeed... mi qui'...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home